Translate

Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23, 2023

            Hello to you, my favorite reader, you can read, can’t you?

            Well, it is Sunday and I have completed the watering of the flowerpots for this morning. During the process I observed a flower blooming and I thought, I should present it to you my favorite reader.


             I again have no plans to do anything today, but I can tell you the few things that happened yesterday, if you are interested.

My favorite wife decided to get out early yesterday and start before the sun was on the flower beds, she pulled weeds. Our trash can is about halfway full of weeds now. Toward the end of her weed pulling, she dug up a flower and we placed it in the pot with some fresh dirt, which I later was allowed to water this freshly potted plant.

Later in the afternoon I ran the sprinklers in the front yard again, for 4 minutes each system. As they sprayed water, I checked the heads to see that they were spraying properly. I found one small area that seemed to not get any water. I should take the weed eater and trim around a few of the sprinkler heads where the grass is getting almost to the top of the head.

While I was running the sprinklers the neighbor who was working on his air conditioner again, his grandson who might have been 3 or 4 years old came over. He was bear footed and was walking on the hot cement driveway, he ran to the shade of our garage where I was standing. We talked and then he decided to go get his feet wet around the lawn sprinklers. I said to him that his grandpa was working on the air conditioner, he said he did not have a grandpa, he has a papa.

That neighbor put water misters on his air conditioner yesterday hoping to help cool the unit in the afternoon sun. He is considering getting a new unit.

We sat outside in the heat for about one hour yesterday afternoon, it was just the two of us. My favorite wife got a phone call and she talked with that person most of the time. I think it is good that you and I can be there for friends when they need some attention, or just to talk. While she was talking on the phone, I did get a photo that I will attempt to share. The photo may require just a small amount of imagination.

 


            Look closely and you may be able to see a cloud that looks a little like a dog. We could use some rain, but that is a dog cloud, and not a rain cloud. 

            Well, I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day while looking at the clouds and be safe.

Don the cloud viewer!

Senior ole person who hopes you enjoy the day, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: