Translate

Monday, July 10, 2023

July 10, 2023

            Well, here we go again, another week for the Don. I know that one person is wanting to know what new thing the Don may be trying this week. Well, since no one asked, and no one cares, I will enlighten no one. I am trying something that is not new, but I have not tried it in years. Now since it has been years, and I mean many years, probably 30 or more years since I have tried this. In the olden days both my mom and dad use to do this often, possibly several times a day.

            Ok, I just tried it. Well, it seemed a little weak, so I added a little more and that helped, but I think it might take some getting use to it. OH, I have not said what it is that I am trying new, sorry, I guess I knew what it was, and I just failed you, my favorite reader of these odd ball posting, heck you should have been the first to know. I just tried another sip, and it wasn’t too bad. I do remember in the olden days; the TV adds would say let it sit for a couple minutes so it has time to release all its flavor.

            I just remembered something I saw this morning when I was out front watering the flowers, it was our neighbor in his big ole pick up pulling his big ole camping trailer and they were heading south for a week at the coast. I think it is odd that when they pull the trailer out of their driveway it always makes a loud popping sound. I assume that is the trailer hitch and everything settling in for the trip. We hope they have fun, catch some fish and stay safe.

            I have a couple photos which were taken this morning while I was watering the flowers and berry beds. We have a flower that has pretty blooms, and this plant will spread like crazy. This plant will take over a flower bed. Photo to follow.


            Also, while watering the berry beds I got a couple photos, one is of new green berries, and the other of vines now leafing out, lite green leaves indicate new growth. The berry vines are acting like it is spring again. 



 
            I am going to talk with our yard man and see if I can get him back to work this week, I don’t think he has any other scheduled events.

            I just had another sip, and my opinion is, it will be ok if you don’t have any of the real coffee on hand. Instant coffee does have different taste and even though it is easy to make, I think it would take a week or two for me to get use to it.

            Last night I was watching old TV shows and one of my favorites is, “All in the Family”. These are 30-minute shows, and I watched 3 of them and thought I would watch, “The Ed Sullivan Show”, which followed All in the Family. The problem was, I rolled over on my side in the Ford’s ole bed and the next thing I knew Carol Burnett was on TV. I had slept through the entire Ed Sullivan Show.

            There is not a lot planned for us here at the Ford’s homestead today, I guess just another ole persons boring day. I guess I will call it quits for now, we hope your day is not boring, is filled with good things and as always please be safe.

Instant or real?      Real!

Senior ole retired person who might need a cup of real coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: