Translate

Monday, July 24, 2023

July 24, 2023

            Well, we got through the weekend without too many problems, and today I go to the doctor for my annual physical. I did the blood test last Friday and the results have been provided to me already, I seemed to have done good on all of them. I believe she will suggest that I lose a couple pounds, they always say that.

            Yesterday my favorite wife made us a real good lunch and I even had seconds. After the noon repast all we were doing was sitting here at the homestead, doing nothing other than listening to the TV. I did finish reading Joshua in the Old Testament. With nothing to do I suggested that we might go get a cup of real coffee and a glass of Ice Tea. We were just tired of sitting here in the house and wanted to get out for a while. Poor ole Tres had to go outside in the heat while we were gone.

After getting the drinks we decided to go to a store in Waco to get something that our friend who had a fractured bone needed. We were able to procure the item and we delivered it to her, at her son’s house. We only stayed a little while as we needed to get home and let the pot hound in out of the heat. 

Returning to the homestead we were once again in the lazy do-nothing mode. We sat around in the air-conditioned house until about 5:00 when we headed out side to get away from the TV. A good friend came over and visited for a while, he is moving to Mississippi this week, so we will not be seeing him for a while. We had some pleasant conversations and we hope he gets everything packed up properly and has a safe trip getting to his home town this week.

Good luck Bob!

This morning: I took a shower so I would be kind of clean when I go to the doctor for my physical. I, not being very smart, decided to water the flowers before it got too hot. It was actually only 72 degrees this morning and that felt good as I started my work. By the time I had completed the watering project my ole body was sweating, so why did I take a shower before going outside to work? I guess ole people just can’t plan ahead.

My wife allowed me and David to move a very big and heavy flower pot, and the stand it rests on, about a week ago. She was told that it may not have been getting enough sun light so we moved it. We are now being allowed to move it back to where it was previously located. No rest for the ole people.

Well, I guess that is about it for now, we hope your day is delightful and please be nice to at least one real person, and one ole person. Safety is important, please be safe.

Shower after working!

Senior ole person who would like a cup of real coffee, but… Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: