Translate

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

July 25, 2023

            What does the Don get to do today? Normally I would say nothing, but I might get to have lunch with some of the fellows from the bible study group at the George restaurant today. We are supposed to meet there at 11:45 for lunch, yes, we have to pay for our meal, but we do have some good conversations.

            Tres took me for a walk this morning and we broke our normal schedule. I usually water the flowers first, then come to the old computer and sit here for a while, and then it is too warm for a walk so I kick back and do nothing. This morning we went for the walk first, then watered the #2 berry beds, (all beds now watered) then repaired a flower pot, I helped my favorite wife put the sheets on the bed, then I got something to eat, and then I came to the ole computer. Normal schedule today is out the door.

            I did go to the doctor yesterday and she said I was looking good. She actually said it a couple times, I was not sure if she meant I was looking healthy, or if she was hitting on me. Then she told me she would see me next year, so I now assume she was saying I was looking healthy, darn-it!

            My sister called me from Missouri to tell me about the funeral of one of my nieces. She said the minister who did the service was named, “Donnie Ford”. Yes, back in the olden days I was also called Donnie, and he is 75 years old. I remember Donnie Ford, we actually lived on the same street, “Pine Street”, back when we were young kids. I believe his real first name is Donnie, my real first name is Donald.

            A little later I received a call from a nephew of mine, his name is Paul, he is only 3 months younger than me. That means my mom and my sister were pregnant at the same time. Paul was telling me about the Funeral also.  

            My favorite wife and I did a dog washing yesterday afternoon, and Tres seemed to like it. He does smell a lot better now.

            We did not get to sit outside yesterday afternoon, so I watered two of the black berries because they were at that time in the shade. We need some rain in the worst way.

            That’s it for now, we hope you have a good day, and always be safe.

Dog cleaners!

Senior ole person who is ready for lunch with the group, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: