Translate

Sunday, July 2, 2023

July 2, 2023

            Today is Sunday, but the sun is behind the clouds for now. What did we do yesterday, well we did go out to lunch with Patrick and Karla, but Dave and his family had other things to do. I think everyone enjoyed the food, but I don’t think any of us thought it was exceptionally good. Back at home we had some good conversations. Later in the afternoon Patrick and Karla went to her dad’s home, and after they left, I took a short but well-deserved nap.

We got rain yesterday afternoon and it started at happy hour. My first wife and I had just decided to go outside and sit for a while. I had acquired my adult beverage and I started out to the swing next to the drive way, when I noticed rain drops on the drive. Seeing the rain drops we decided to go and sit on the front porch, and that is when the rain became heavy. I had prayed for a nice slow easy Missouri type rain, of one to one and a half inches, we got a heavy fast Texas rain of 1.75 inches. The back yard was standing in water during the rain, a couple hours after the rain had stopped the water had soaked into the ground.

Topic change; have you ever had your back to itch and not be able to reach the itch, well I have. In the olden days, you know, when a person is young and flexible, they are usually able to reach any place on their back where it itches. Ole senior people can’t always reach that one spot and that is usually where the itch is. I have a spot on my back that itches occasionally and I can’t make my ole hand reach it.

Now I am sure you have seen on TV where a bear will find a tree and scratch his back, well I kind of do the same thing, except I use the door frame. Yep, the door frame works, but there are times when I don’t want to go to the door frame, you know, when I am here at the desk or in bed. I do have back scratchers, and using a back scratcher I am able to get to any point on my back. Now that brings up the point of this scratching conversation, every time I get the back scratcher and scratch the spot that is itching, then the itching seems to move all over my back, so I end up scratching my entire back. Ole people never win!

Well, I guess that is it for today, we don’t have any real plans for the day. We hope your day is filled with kindness and lots of rest, please stay safe.

Back scratcher!

Senior ole person who needs to rest, or maybe I need to do something, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: