Translate

Friday, July 28, 2023

July 28, 2023

            Good morning to you, we hope you had a good night’s sleep and are ready to read my posting. I will attempt to have a couple photos for your / our enjoyment. Let us get started looking at what the Don did yesterday. As usual, he did very little.         

The Don made a short plan for the morning hours which included going to the teller machine to get the weekly stipend. Now while the Don was out getting funding for the week, he decided to go to the coffee place and get a real cup of coffee. Returning to home the Don worked on yesterday posting while he enjoyed the real coffee.

Posting completed I went out to waterer flowers in pots, but there was one slight difference, I needed to move the big flowerpot and the rack it sits on back to the location where it was previously located. My favorite wife had us move it, (Dave and I) and now I, an ole senior person, am attempting to move it back to the original location. Photo to follow.


            Big and heavy, I used the ole red wagon and when lifting I used my legs to do the work. I used to train new staff in proper lifting, so I know how. The photo was taken after it was moved back into its original location.

The move completed I began the process of cleaning the yard, first I picked up the Poopa-Loopa, and then the debris. I thought about cutting some pecan tree limbs, but they have pecans on them, so I left them there. When I mow, I have to drive under them.

I then procured the walk behind mower and mowed all the areas that are difficult to get to with the riding mower, and as I have said this in the past, it reduces the amount of string trimming. Riding mower brought out, I checked the oil, added gas and put air in the tires. I then mowed the remainder of the back 40.

I then thought about trimming with the string trimmer and I thought, I could wait and do it later, but I decided to get it done since I was already working and tired. Part way through the trimming I had to add string to the trimmer. I put in 3.5 hours of work in the back 40.

All the work done, I was allowed to eat a light lunch and then take a shower.

Later in the day I received a call from Dave to pick him up at work, Claire was called in to work, even though she has the virus. Claire is the only person at that workplace that can do the month end work.

My favorite wife and I went out for supper at the Georges restaurant, the food was good, and the service was even better. Back at home after supper we sat outside for a while. No one came over to visit with us ole people, so we had to come up with our own topics.

I have a couple photos from yesterday, we hope you enjoy. The first photo is of me, or at least my shadow against the shed.



            The second is of sunrise on Thursday morning as I was driving home from the coffee place. There was a lot of dust, it was the Saharan dust which increased the red sky.

Retired but still a yard man!

Senior ole person who needs a break, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: