Translate

Saturday, July 22, 2023

July 22, 2023

            The weekend has made it here at the Ford’s homestead, and we have nothing to do, that is nothing that we want to do. My first wife is out in the back 40 pulling weeds from a flower bed.

            Friday events: I had an appointment to provide some blood to the doctor, my physical is next Monday. Now when I give blood, they tell me to not eat anything from midnight until after the blood is withdrawn. I ate supper on Thursday night at about 6:00pm, my blood giving was 15 hours later. Yes, I did eat a little after the visit with the blood person.

Back at home, I went outside and spread some dirt that we had purchased to put on a couple areas of the Jasmin vines in hopes of encouraging it to grow a little faster. While I was spreading the top soil, I noticed some debris in the yard so I decided to pick it up, after I watered in the top soil.

As I removed the debris from the yard and noticing that it really needed to be mowed, I decided to see if I could get the yard man Alex to come over and mow the front yard. Alex and family were going to town to see if they could get him some clothes for school. Yep, it starts the middle of next month.

            I decided that it would only take about 30 minutes total to mow the yard so I decided to do it myself. First, I had a couple glasses of good ole cold water, then I head out to get the mower. The mowing went well, the front yard is almost totally in shade, so that helps a lot. That done, I was able to drag my ole body into the house and cool off with some ice cream.

            The dogs’ chews that we ordered for Tres to hopefully help with his itching and digestion arrived. He thinks they are treats, yep he likes them.

            Yesterday afternoon at about happy time, we usually have a friend or two over to sit and talk about nothing, and about everything. The lady who usually comes has been in an accident and has fractured a bone, so she was not able to come, but our neighbors from across the street did come over. I was able to position fans which provided some air flow even though it was 104 degrees. We all enjoyed the conversations and time together.

I did try to use the water mister yesterday, prior to the neighbors coming over, but my favorite wife said she could feel the water hitting her so I removed the mister.

I guess that will be it for now, we hope you have a good day filled with happiness, please stay safe.

Temporary lawn man Don!

Senior ole person and it may be coffee time, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: