Translate

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 18, 2023

            Welcome to Tuesday, at least I think it is Tuesday, you know how ole people are, our brains are so full of ole time information that we don’t have much room for now days information. For some of us ole people, if we change up what we normally do one day, it makes the next day’s schedule seem like a different day.

            What did the Don do yesterday after he watered the flowers in the flower pots, and after he let the #2 section of the sprinkler system run for 5 minutes? Well, he kicked back for a while in an effort to allow the water from the #2 sprinkler system to soak into the ground. The Don had plans to pull weeds from an area of the Jasmin bed, and if the ground is wet the weeds come out easier.

            The Don had completed his rest period and was ready to head outside when a neighbor arrived at the front door. The neighbor had some items from his garden, and a birthday card for my present spouse, so we invited him in. We sat and talked for about an hour, all the while our pot hound Tres was jumping on the back door wanting in. Tres knew we had company and he wanted to get in on the conversations.

            After some interesting conversations with the neighbor, he returned to his home and I went outside and began to pull weeds. It was about 10:00 and I was in the shade for the most part, but it was still hot. I did a pretty good job of weed pulling.

            Later in the day I packed up some vegetables to give to Dave when I picked him up from work. I assumed he would get off about 2:30 but he did not. It was almost 4:00 when I took the vegies out of the cooler bag and put them back into the refrigerator, and that is when Dave called wanting a ride home. Yep, I had to get the items out of the ice box and put them into the bag again, then go get Dave. I wonder if any young people know what a real ice box was.

            My favorite wife and I did venture outside about 5:00 even though the temp had hit 106 yesterday, and as we sat there a neighbor came over to wish my first wife a belated happy birthday. Then a few minutes later another neighbor stopped by to also offer a belated happy birthday. There were some lively conversations among the ladies, while the Don was making some hangers for the $7.00 rope light that I was going to hang in the car port.

            After the friends left, I began to hang the rope lights, with the help of my first wife and a ladder. They are hung but I still need to do a couple things to complete the project. The lights are on either side of the car port under the roof, and at dark they begin to flash. They flash all night and go off when the sun comes up. Yep, they are solar powered. Why do I like these rope lights, I don’t have a good reason, I do like to think the people who see them flashing, might be wondering why they are there.

            Well now you see that we have nothing to do here at the Ford’s homestead, we hope you have some things to keep you busy and please stay safe.

Provider of light!

Senior ole person who needs a break, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: