Translate

Sunday, July 30, 2023

July 30, 2023

            We made it to Sunday, and we have one more day this month before we get into August. The main thing about August would be, it is summertime, and it is hotter than, well it will be hot.

            I had noted yesterday that I had increased the run time on most of the yard sprinkler areas. This morning after the sprinklers had run, when the Tres and I went out front, I noticed the bird bath that I had failed to put water in Friday, now had water in it. It was almost full, so that means the sprinklers are putting down plenty of water.

            Speaking of Tres, we did go for a walk early Saturday morning. I think he enjoyed it a little more than I did.

            Yesterday morning while I was watering the flowers in the pots, I decided to water a couple areas that were not getting any water from the sprinklers. I had, years ago made a couple portable sprinklers. Now these portable sprinklers were good because I could put them anywhere that the hose would reach. The photo is of the tall portable sprinkler, which is almost 5 foot tall, and yes there is a short one which is about 2 foot tall.


            The block is used to keep the sprinkler upright.

            Let’s see if we did anything Saturday. My favorite wife and I did get out of the house for a while, and I was allowed to purchase a couple lunches for the two of us. We then went to a store to get a couple items, but we did not get all we wanted, so we went to another store and still did not get all that we wanted. Old people can’t have everything they want, like you real people who have money to spend.

            We were worrying about the friend whose husband is on hospice, my first wife had tried to contact her three times, and she did not respond. When we were returning home from town we dropped by her house, and we learned that her husband is on hospice in the hospital. Donna talked with her for a few minutes and then we headed for home.

            Different subject: I have a photo of the ceiling above my ole recliner and I thought I would share it with you only, I am not asking others to see this photo.


            Sunlight shining through some crystal providing me with an inside the house rainbow.

            Swap topics again: we did sit outside yesterday, and it was hot, I guess that isn’t news to anyone here in Hewitt. We did not have anyone come over to enjoy the heat with us ole retired people.

            I guess that will be it for this version of “the Don’s Day at the homestead”. We hope you have a good day and always be nice to ole senior people, while you are being safe yourself.

Over 100 again!

Senior ole person who did not get a real cup of coffee yesterday, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: