Translate

Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1, 2023

            Today is the first day of July and I know there is something special happening this month, but I am having trouble remembering what it is. I guess there could be some sort of holiday this month, we know it is going to be hot all month, so the heat isn’t what I am trying to remember. Well, I will keep trying to remember as I attempt to add to this article.

              In yesterday’s post I noted that I had mowed the front yard, so I don’t need to comment on that. Yesterday afternoon at Happy time we had decided to sit outside in the heat. I positioned a fan on the swing so my favorite wife could have a breeze, and I positioned another fan facing the chair that I was going to sit in. I was able to secure a cold drink and went outside and sit down, I did bring the Tres with me. As we sat there a friend arrived and she went into the house where my first wife was.

            I was sitting outside all alone when the neighbor from across the street text me saying that they were coming over. They came over and we sat outside conversing. They had been in Colorado last week and while they were there a Tornado came through, it damaged their pick-up truck and a lot of other things, he had photos. We sat out there for quite a while, and I guess we decided that my first wife and her friend were not coming outside to sit, so the neighbor lady went inside. Even though there was no longer a female presence outside, our conversations were still lively and interesting.

            Patrick and Karla are coming up today, I assume we may all go out for lunch, we hope Dave, Claire, Gabi, and Alex will be able to go to lunch too. Alex is back from Boy Scout camp, and he is now, “certified as a scuba diver”.

            I have a couple flower photos that I like. The first has a pretty bloom on it. The second is of the voluntary mushrooms growing in the flowerpot. I am not sure whether these will cause me to hallucinate or not when I eat them.  The third photo is a volunteer wildflower growing in the back 40. I took the photo of the little flower and it seem so all alone.   




            Oh, I just remembered what it is that I could not remember, my favorite wife has a birthday this month! I knew there was something special happening this month.

            Well, that is it for now I need to stop providing my personal information to you, and to the reading public. We hope you have a good day filled with family and friends, please be safe.

Don the photographer!

Senior ole person who needs to get moving, and get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: