Translate

Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13, 2023

            Today is Thursday, and if things go as usual on Thursday, we will have supper out at a restaurant. I think possibly the older one gets, the more one sticks to the same schedule. We eat at the same time even though we may not be hungry, we go to bed at the same time even though we are not sleepy, and we watch the same so-called news even though it isn’t interesting.

            Topic swap: my so-called smart phone has been doing something odd lately. I am waiting for that one person to ask, what has the Don’s somewhat smart phone been doing? Just as I thought, you expect that one person to be there and ask a question, and what is he doing, sitting on the floor picking his nose. I understand why he is picking his nose, but why is he sitting on the floor?

            My somewhat smart phone has been making a noise like a chime, morning and evening. The first time it happened at 5:30am and 12 hours later 5:30pm. One day it was 6:00 am and 6:00pm. It happened this morning and it was 6:10am. I picked the phone up this morning, entered the code to open the phone and it chimed.

The only change that I have intentionally made was to put a new sim card in it. The company who provides our service said the phone needed the new sim card. I have looked at the alarms app and can’t see anything that would cause the alarm. Your thoughts?

            Allow me to move back a day: Wednesday I did get the yard man and bring him to the Ford homestead. On the way to the Homestead the yard man Alex noted, that his sister Gabi had suggested that we get some chicken from the chicken place and bring it home for lunch, when Alex is done. I thought I would consider the suggestion; Alex and I usually get a drink from the coffee place before he starts his work, but if we are going to get chicken after work then the coffee will need to be forgotten.

            We got to the homestead and Alex got the walk behind mower out and mowed the front yard. Finishing that I asked if he wanted to do the back 40, he said yes. Needless to say, we have both yards mowed. Now Alex mows a little different than I do, so I keep making suggestions. He does a good job of mowing, and I keep suggesting ways to save time. I have a photo of the front yard taken this morning.


            I guess the best thing about his mowing other than the fact that the yard looks really good, is, I am not tired.

            Topic swap: I left the homestead this morning in my favorite wife’s ole van, it was suggested that her ole van needed gas, and someone could get gas in it. While out an about in the ole van, I was able to get a cup of coffee and a breakfast burrito, and I am eating and drinking as I enter data into the ole computer.

            My belly is full, so I guess I will stop eating and drinking, I mean stop entering data and go water the flowers for my present spouse. We hope you have a good cool day (it was 105 here yesterday and supposed to be again today) stay safe and be nice to everyone.

Alex the lawn magician!

Senior ole retired person who needs a break, from what? Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: