Translate

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

July 19, 2023

            Howdy, we hope you are doing well today. I guess I am doing well, I haven’t done much of anything yet today. Well, I did allow Tres to take me for a walk early this morning, we cut the walk short because there was another person walking their dog coming toward us. I know Tres makes a big deal out of seeing another dog walking (barks like crazy). During the walk I found something on the street, photo to follow.

 


            That screw in someone’s tire would not be good.

Returning to the homestead from the short walk, I did sweep the sidewalks and front porch, then I did water the flowers out front and refill the bird baths with some fresh water. My ole body was about to give up due to all this strenuous work and walking, but I was able to drag myself out to the back 40 and secure the hose, yep, I watered the berry beds and the flowers out back and I refilled the bird bath and dog water bucket.

Finally, I was allowed to come inside the Ford’s residence and warm up a breakfast sandwich, get a glass of milk and sit here at the computer attempting to make my ole body write this posting.

Yesterday presented as follows

I did get a breakfast burrito yesterday morning, then I decided to stop getting the breakfast burrito from the place where I normally get it. The one I got yesterday had bacon in it, and the bacon was like chewing rubber. I also purchased a cup of real coffee, and this cup was like the previous cup from the star place, it was not real hot, I like it to start out with hot.

            I did water the flowerpots yesterday that needed it, some were watered by the sprinkler system, which save me from doing the watering. I did finish the rope light install yesterday morning, now we have the flashing lights at night in the carport.

            It hit 106 degrees again yesterday, and even if I had some kind of project I will not go out and try to work in this excessive heat. Now I just said that, but we did still set outside with the fans blowing on us in the excessive heat.

It was too hot to expect any of our friends to drop over, so it was just us enjoying no TV and no commercials. I get super tired of the commercials, and it seems as if there is more time spent on commercials, than on the program that is supposed to be showing. When I have the TV or radio on and the commercials comes on, I turn the sound off. Basically, the commercials last for 3 to 5 minutes, and I doubt that the news or program last that long before the next commercial. Since I pay for the TV service, I should not have to watch the commercials.

Some of the TV shows have a giveaway at the end of the program, “that is just a commercial”! Some of the so-called news programs have guests and they often have a book that they have just wrote, and, “that is a commercial”!  Yes, I am complaining!

It just came to me, if I still had a motorcycle, I would not be riding it in this excessive heat. Consider, a rider has a helmet on, a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to keep from getting sun burned, and yet the sun is baking them as they ride.

Well, I guess I will stop for now, if you don’t want to receive these emails about these postings, let me know and I will take you off the mail list. If for some unknown reason, someone wants to be on the mail list, have them let me know and I will put them on the list.

Have a good day, be nice to the elderly, and stay safe in everything you do.

No work, no rain, not cool!

Senior ole person who hopes for rain and cooler weather, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: