Translate

Friday, July 7, 2023

July 7, 2023

            Thursday was a day of rest, for the most part. I was allowed to water the flowers in the pot’s early that morning, then I decided to also water the black berry beds. In the #2 bed I observed possibly 20 green berries, it was almost like spring was here, even though I was sweating like crazy. I have a couple photos of vegetation (flowers) from the watering event.



            The big blooms are in the back 40, the voluntary sunflower is in the front flower bed, possibly planted by the birds.

            I had watered the pots out front first then I went to the back 40 and I knew I had failed to put water into the large bird bath out front, so when I finished out back, I returned to the front. There were two reasons to fill the big bird bath, one was to provide water for the birds, and the other was to not allow the mosquitos to have a place to grow.

            Tres and I went for a short walk early this morning, we were attempting to beat the heat. We got a photo of the blue sky, a green tree, and the moon.


 
            I did leave the homestead three times yesterday; one was to get a cup of coffee after visiting the teller machine for the weekly stipend, two getting Dave from work, and three we went out to supper.

            No one asked, so I will not tell you, that I had some more Blackberry Cobbler and ice cream, a couple hours before we went out to supper, and it did not spoil my appetite.

            Arriving back at the Ford’s homestead after a good supper, we decided to sit outside for a while, and allow the food to settle in our stomachs. You know, a cold drink after supper is always good.

            That’s it for now, we hope your day is productive and safe, please be nice to ole people.

Nap aholic!

Senior retired person who took it easy most of the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: