Translate

Friday, May 20, 2022

Early morning 05.20.2022

            It is early morning here in Texas, and the Don has already been outside working. Yep, the Don was outside before 6:30 this morning watering flowers in flower pots. The sprinklers ran this morning, but these plants are in pots hanging on the front porch. It is good that I am allowed to get outside early morning and work.

            Today is an early day, even after the morning gets past. Now I will attempt to explain to that one person, and we know who you are, that the grand kids get out of school at 12:30 today, and that is an early departure. Also, David, the grand kids’ dad, gets off early on Friday and since his vehicle is in disrepair, I will pick him up. Now, will I be able to schedule all these pickups without forgetting one or more of them? We all know how ole retired people forget things!

            Yesterday morning, in an attempt to beat the heat, I ventured forth to the back 40 and headed for the #3 berry bed. The #3 bed has wooden 4X4s as a wall around the bed, and several months ago I took more of the scrap 4X4s and place them on top of the other 4X4s, making the wall taller. I had never secured them to the lower 4X4s, so I decided that I would do that yesterday.

            This securing of the 4X4s required drilling of holes in the wood, which would be used to drive the rebar through. The rebar would secure the top 4X4s to the bottom 4X4s. Now as for the rebar, I had to use a hack saw to cut the rebar to the proper length (about 9 inches). I have some photos.



                                                                         

            The above photos show my outdoor work bench, and the fact that I cut rebar and wood.



                                                                       

            Above, the first shows the 4X4s side by side, in prep for the upcoming work. The second photo is of the completed project from the back side. The scrapper was at it again!

            Yesterday afternoon, I picked up the Alex at school and dropped him off at his home and then returned to the homestead. I was allowed to wash up a little bit, and then we headed out for supper. After supper I was allowed to take my wife’s ole van and put gas in it. It cost $60.51 to fill the tank, and the tank was not empty. Then we headed for home.

            Arriving at home, I was allowed to go out in the back 40 and mow. It takes about one hour using the riding mower to mow the back 40. Our neighbor was also mowing his yard. His mower was stirring up a lot of dust, and that dust was blowing my direction. I don’t think it was intentional, but it was irritating.

            Only after the mower was put away, was I allowed to have an adult beverage. Finally, a minute to rest, it is rough being a retired ole senior person who is required, I mean, “allowed”, to work around the homestead.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, be safe and have fun today.

 

Try it, it helps!

            What helps, a smile, a kind word and a thank you!

Senior ole retired person who now has a cup of coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: