Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Sat all day, did he 05.14. 2022

            Did he set all day, well, he almost did? Should I enlighten you, the wonder filled reading public, as to what I did yesterday, or today? I could flip a coin to determine which day, that is, if I had a coin. Ole retired people, who are on a fixed income, and who had to put gas in his vehicle this morning, at $3.98 per gallon, doesn’t have a coin to flip.

            Let us start with this morning: I headed out into the back 40 to pull some weeds from the berry beds. I did a fair job on number one bed, I did a very good job on the number three bed, and I did a poor job in the number two bed. Why did the Don’s work quality vary from bed to bed? Well in part it had to do with the type of weeds he was working with, and the moisture in the ground. I should note, at the number two bed the sun was beaming on the weed puller, and this weed puller, don’t like to work in the sun. I do have a photo for your review.   


 
            I put my dirty hand in the photo, to give you an idea of the size of this berry. 

            My favorite wife was also on her knees in the back yard (we were both praying as we pulled the weeds) she was working in the flower beds. I stopped pulling the weeds at about 8:30 and went into town, she stopped about 11:00. Now you know how our Sat all day morning went!

  • We are getting ready to have leftovers for lunch. The leftovers are from the restaurant where we had supper last evening, it is named after my dad, Dad’s name was George. We had fish last evening and again today for lunch, nice!

            Yesterday was a good day, I did get the grandkids to school on time, and I retrieved Alex in the afternoon and took him to his home. I did also get the back 40 trimmed, using the battery powered trimmer. Now the battery powered trimmer cuts as good as the gas-powered unit, but the gas-powered unit is lighter, and makes it easier for an ole senior person to cut weeds.

            I went into the home center today to get a new trimmer head for the gas-powered unit. While I was looking for the trimmer head, I noticed a fellow who had a battery powered mower on a cart and he was looking at the electric trimmers. I, being the outgoing fellow I am, I walked up to him and said, “my neighbor has a mower like that and he really likes it. I have a trimmer like that battery powered unit you are looking at, and it works well. I noted that it is heavier than a gas-powered unit, but a young man like you will not have a problem with it.” He thanked me for the input, and I walked away, knowing I had done my good deed for the day.

            Returning home, I have settled down here in front of the ole computer, in an attempt to provide at least one of you, in the reading public, something to read today.

            I hope you will allow me to present one more photo, it is of the flower bed and it shows that I did in fact trim the weeds and grass yesterday.


             For that one person who criticized one of my previous photos, saying that I needed to trim the weeds, how does it look now?  I know who you are, and I might tell all the other readers, then you would be sorry!

 

While on your knees, Pray!

Senior ole person who needs a nap, Don the Ford

No comments: