Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Same ole thing 05.17.2022

            As I sit here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, it came to me that I have been writing about not having anything to do, and I am sure that is as boring to you, as it is to me. I prefer to not go into what I did or did not do yesterday, possibly I could discuss what I have planned for today.

            Let’s see, what does the Don have planned for today? I guess he has nothing planned, wait a minute, the Don did call a sprinkler guy yesterday, and he said he might be here this morning. I want someone to look the sprinklers over, I know a couple need some adjustments, one might need to be replaced. Wow, the Don has something to do, “watch some one mess with his sprinklers”! it is so exciting when ole people have things to do.

            I noticed no one asked how the new trimmer head worked. Well, it worked as good or better than expected. I, having nothing to do yesterday, decided to take the gas-powered trimmer, with the new head, out to the ditch behind the house, and see how it worked. It was almost, but not quite, amazing!

            I them put the trimmer away and I remembered that I need some rebar for the #3 berry. I have some ole scrap wood 4X4s used as a border around the bed, and I have placed a second layer of 4X4s on top of the first layer. Well, the first layer is secured in place using rebar that goes through the 4X4 and into the ground. The second layer needs to be secured also.

            Being on a fixed income, which means, I can’t afford to purchase said rebar, I came up with a game plan. Years ago, I used short pieces of rebar to secure the bottom of the Fords ole chain link fence, to keep the neighbor dogs from coming under the fence. All I needed to do is to pull the rebar from the Ford’s ole fence and I could use it to secure the 4X4s.

            Have you ever tried to pull rebar out of the ground, knowing it was not only driven in with a hammer, it was also wired to the fence? Well, let me tell you, it would have been better if I was not on a fixed income. Short story long, I now have about 10 pieces of rebar to use on the #3 berry bed.

            In the olden days, left was right, and right was wrong. I didn’t know that was still the rule, but evidently it is.

            The other day I had walked over to a friend’s house, (the friend was not home, but their son was there) and I ask about his mother, as we had learned that she was in the hospital. After some discussion, the son’s son came from the back yard, and seeing him I asked, “what is that”? the boy has one ear ring. I asked, only one, and it is in your left ear, to which the boy said, “Left is right and right is wrong!” I guess some things don’t change.

            Well, that is it for this ole person, I need to get ready to transport the kids to school.

Never nothing to do!

Senior ole retired person can’t do it with the best of them, Don the Ford

No comments: