Translate

Friday, May 6, 2022

A rainy day 05.06.2022

            Yesterday was a rainy day, thank goodness, as we needed the 1.5 inch of rain.

            My favorite wife and I left the house around noon, heading for the best store, we were looking for a rubber cover for her new Mother’s Day gift, she got a cell phone. About the time we arrived at the store the rain began to pour. We sat there in the vehicle for a little while and eventually decided to try and make it into the store. The umbrella did not do a lot to keep two people dry, but we did get into the store.

            Once in the store an employee asked if he could help and we told him what we were looking for. He said, let me check, I think someone wanted one yesterday and we did not have it. He walked to the counter where we thought he was going to let us know, and he started working with another customer. Yep, he just ignored us ole people.

            We went through the items they had on the shelves, but we could not find anything that would fit the new cell phone. When we left there, it was still raining like crazy. We got into the truck and were heading out when a lightning strike occurred. It sounded as if it was right beside us, it scared me, I was glad we were in the truck.

            We gave up and headed for home. Half way home, we got the call from David and we went and picked him up at work. We were able to get David home safely, and then we returned to our home.

            Later I went and picked the Alex up at his school, Alex and I always have interesting conversations on the way to his house.

            My wife of over half a century and I had a little time at the homestead. The rain stopped and we headed out for supper. The food was ok and the service was good.

            We did go on line and find the cover for the cell phone; it will take a couple days to get here.

            This morning we are heading for Temple Texas for a visit with my present wife’s eye doctor. It takes the better part of an hour to get there.

            The prognosticators are saying, we are heading into the hottest week, so far this year, the hot weather is coming!

            Well, I guess I need to get ready, so I got to go!

 

Get ready for the heat!

Senior person who doesn’t like the hot or the cold weather, Don the Ford

No comments: