Translate

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Team effort 05.29.2022

            In today’s article, I plan to explain why a team effort is most often better than a lone worker. But before I get into today’s sermon, I will respond to that one person’s question, and we all know who he is, “have I made any other improvements to the ole hot house?” the short answer is “Nope”.

            I will provide a photo which shows that I am using the hot house for a storage area right now. There are flowerpots, a couple tools and other items which are temporarily stored there.


                                                           

            What? Oh, I forgot that was in there. Yes, it is a pillow, and yes, some ole retired person may be forced, I mean allowed to spend the night out there, if he doesn’t complete his chores as instructed. As I understand it, sleeping out there isn’t that bad, except for the mosquitoes!

            Let’s get to a better subject, teamwork! Now I am not stating that all work should be performed by a team, as some work turns out better when only one person is doing it. As an example, when I mow the yard, I do it alone. The work turns out the way that I want it. That is not to say that a comment from someone would not allow me to improve the process.

            When I am working on a scrap wood project, I do it alone, but I at times get input prior to or during the work period.

            When a team works together, the work will likely be completed much quicker. When there is more than one person working, it is probable that ideas are shared, providing a safer, faster, and more efficient method of the work.

            Heck, most of the time, having someone close that you can communicate with, or to provide assistance to a team member, is a major benefit.

            Topic alteration: this morning before sitting down to write this article, I pulled weeds in an area of the new jasmine plants. I also have run the sprinkler system, and I was instructed that I need to water the potted plants in the back yard. 

            Yesterday, I did mow and trim the front yard, and wouldn’t you know it, a couple of the neighbors were mowing their yards at the same time. I guess we are all on the same schedule.

            Nothing planned for today, except we will probably wash the dog.

Teamwork, or alone?

Senior retired person who prefers a mattress, Don the Ford

No comments: