Translate

Monday, May 23, 2022

I found them 05.23.2022

            Let us see how Sunday went for the Fords. For some reason, maybe I was hungry, I suggested to my present spouse, maybe we should go to the cracker store for breakfast. Oddly enough, my first wife agreed with me.

            After a shower and shave I got dressed, heck, I put some slacks and a nice shirt on. I usually were jeans and a pull over shirt, but since it was Sunday and people might look at me, I dressed a little better.

            After getting dressed, I place a pair of shorts on the bed, as I had decided to work in the shed after returning from breakfast. This Sunday was cool, and if you are going to spend any time in the shed, you want it to be a cool day, and you need to dress appropriately. Shorts is the key item in this story.

            We went to the cracker store where we were greeted and seated by a stranger. Our server was also a stranger, in fact, we did not see any one we knew during the time at the restaurant. We did see one manager, and we did not know her.

            In days gone by, we would go to the cracker place, and we knew, or was at least familiar with, most of the staff. That is no longer the setting. It use to seem almost like a family setting, it is now like being in a strange town and not knowing anyone.

            The service was slow, even though they were not crowded, the food was mostly warm, not hot, so it was less that a fun experience.   

            Returning from the less than desirable experience, I proceeded to get things ready so I could work in the shed. I had purchased a shelf which I wanted to put in the shed, in hopes of consolidating some of the items I have. I worked in the shed, first removing items from the shed and then placing the shelf.

            I should note that the shelf had 4 shelves and stood a little under 6 foot tall. My plan was to set it next to a tool box, and I hoped it would fit under the shelves which are attached to the wall.

            To make a short story longer, it did not go as I had hoped. Instead of having one rack with 4 shelves, I now have two racks with 2 shelves each. I will attempt to post a photo, of the two empty racks.


            I was able to get the items back into the shed, and I have a little better organization, heck I have several cases of tools and items, where I noted on the outside what was on the inside. That makes it easier when looking for something. During this readjusting, I found some things that I was possibly going to need to purchase, but I already had them.


            I also questioned myself as to why I have three shovels, all three are the same type. Above we see items placed on, or in the racks.

            Now back to the real topic of this posting, “I found them”. Finishing my work, I returned to the homestead. I had walked into the bed room and I noticed that the shorts that I had placed on the bed early this morning, were gone. I assumed that my favorite wife had put them in the dirty clothes box. They were not in the dirty clothes box, but I did find them! I had them on! Yep, returning from the breakfast meal I changed into the shorts, and went to work in the shed.

            I was laughing like the Silly Grandpa I am, when I told my wife I could not find the shorts I had on. She agrees that I am silly!

Silly Grandpa!

Senior retired person who can’t find what he has on, Don the Ford

 

No comments: