Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Perfect stranger 05.19.2022

            Before we get into the perfect stranger comments, allow me to say, I went to the eye doctor yesterday, they did dilate my eyes, and I did not like it. Everything is ok now!

            I have been thinking about the term “Perfect stranger”. Who or what is the perfect stranger, the Don asked? Now the term seemed to me to be misused. Consider for a moment, have you ever used the term. “He or She is a perfect stranger”? Let us assume that you have used the term, what was you thinking when you said, perfect stranger? Possibly you were referring to someone who walked up to you and asked a question such as, can you tell me how to get to…

            This person was someone you had never met, and you have no idea who he / she was. Does that make them a perfect stranger?

            Now I often start conversations with people whom I have never met, and obviously do not know, so does that make me the perfect stranger? Wow, I might be the perfect stranger, as yesterday while waiting to see the doctor, I started a conversation with a man whom I did not know, and his daughter whom I did not know. It turns out that he was 90 years old and he knew where Cape Girardeau Mo. is, as he was originally from Illinois’.

            As we consider, I don’t think the Don is the perfect stranger. I would think that the Don would be the normal stranger, normal being the acceptable term. As I understand it from reading the bible, we are not perfect, although we can be strangers.

            So, I suggest that in the future, we change the word perfect to normal, when referring to strangers. I don’t know why they don’t come to me before they decide on proper wording!

            I will be available later today if anyone needs more clarification.

            Topic change; we need to re-plant one flower today; it needs to be put into a larger pot. Unfortunately, I watered the flower yesterday, which means it will have wet dirt, and that usually makes it more difficult to transplant. You know, it gets your hands dirtier!

            Well, I better get ready to take the kids to school, so have a good day.

Perfect nope, normal yes!

Senior retired normal silly grandpa, Don the Ford

No comments: