Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Berry picker 05.28.2022

            I did get outside before the sun got too high in the sky this morning, and I was able to pick a few black berries. There is a bunch of red berries, and they will soon be black. Yep, the thorns are everywhere, and they seem to like to attach themselves to my hand or arm when I am attempting to pick them.

            The sun was coming up this morning as Tres and I staggered out to get the newspaper. The sun was in our eyes, and it was shining on the front of the homestead, so I took a photo.


            I did get the back 40 mowed and trimmed yesterday, I will likely mow the front yard today, if my ole body can stand the exhausting work. Seldom any rest for retired people.

            Now I have two other photos taken by me, here at the Ford’s homestead. First allow me to explain, “Mine is larger than my favorite wife’s is”! What is the Don talking about, you may ask, he is talking about sun flowers?

            We have some sun flowers growing here at the homestead, and we did not plant them. My first wife’s sun flower is in a flower bed and it is short and thin, photo to follow.


            One may have noticed, that the little sun flower is blooming. Now I want to provide you with a photo of the sun flower that is growing in the #2 black berry bed. This sun flower is over 6 foot tall, and has not yet begun to bloom. One may also notice that one of the black berries is hanging on to the sun flower. These black berries not only want to attach themselves to me when I am attempting to pick them, they also will attach to anything that grows or gets close to them.


            Well, I guess I will shut down now, it is coffee time.

Be careful, have fun!

Senior retired person who has one bigger than his wife’s, Don the Ford

No comments: