Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Did I, or not 02.17.2022

            Please allow me to begin by stating, I did take the grandees to school yesterday morning. I did get them to school safely, and on time. After dropping the Alex off at his school, I decided, when I leave the school parking lot, if the traffic is light, and I can turn left without waiting I will go to the Star coffee place.

            The traffic was light and I turned left heading for the Star coffee place. Traffic is always heavy at this time of the morning, as kids are being dropped off at the schools, and we have schools everywhere. There are many more kids arriving in personal vehicles than in school buses.

            Going to the Star coffee place around 8:15 is usually good, as the drive through is most often very light. If you arrive about 9:00 or later the cars are often wrapped around the star coffee place. Yesterday, there were vehicles wrapped around the star coffee place when I arrived.

            As I was heading for home, I called my favorite wife and asked, "would you like half of a breakfast burrito?" She was enthusiastic about having something to eat, so I stopped and bought a bacon egg and cheese burrito. We can only afford one, and we share it, as we are retired and on a fixed income.

            The burrito was very good. Later in the day my first wife had gone to town and I was home alone, when it came to me, I did not remember getting my gold card back at the Star coffee place. Did I get it back or leave it there? I thought for a moment and decided to go out to the Fords ole pickup and see if it was there are not. I always leave the ole gold card in the pickup. I picked up my keys and started to go out of the house when it occurred to me, I don't remember giving the person at the window the card!

            Then I remembered, when I arrived at the star coffee place the traffic was wrapped all around the building, so I decided to just drive on by. I did not stop for a coffee, I did not give them the card, and as usual, the card is in the truck!             😊

            Let's switch topics; it is raining this morning, and after getting dressed the Tres and I went out front to see if the newspaper was there. Since it was raining, neither of us wanted to get off the porch. Tres walked back and forth on the porch before deciding to venture off the porch. He checked out a couple places that he normally likes to check the smell, then started back toward the porch. I had to tell him to get the paper a couple times, then reluctantly, he retrieved the paper and came back up on the porch. I stayed dry! 😊

            Our coffee machine is not working this morning, I have put 3 or 4 K-cups in and all have failed. I have tried everything I know to do, but to no avail. Do you know what it is like to not have your normal cup of coffee in the morning? Even someone as nice as me, gets in a bad mood when he doesn't get his coffee. I will be glad when the grand kids get here, I can go to the Star coffee place after dropping them off at school.

            Flash; if the star coffee place has wrap around traffic, I will go to the Mc hamburger place, they have coffee, but I have to pay for it with real money at the Mc.  

 

Hope you have a cup!

 

Senior ole person who is stressed out and needs his cup, Don the Ford

No comments: