Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2022

It is here, darn it 02/03/2022

            Well, they said the roads are not too bad right now, but they are getting bad. I have heard if you are going somewhere this morning, the roads might not be too bad, but getting home could be a different subject.

            I stepped out on the front porch this morning to see if the newspaper was there, it wasn’t, so I check to see if the wet spot on the porch was slick, and it was not. I checked the side walk and it was slick. Don’t go out if you don’t have to, you could fall and get hurt before you get to your car, the mail box, the newspaper!

            It is sleeting here at the homestead, the Ford’s ole Chevy is covered with sleet or ice. I have a photo of the truck and the street.



            I have no plans to go anywhere until the weather gets better. I just thought, my favorite wife and I will not get to go out for the evening meal. Wow, we will save some money for a change!

            I do complain about the so-called news very often, and today is not different. When I got up, I was interested if the ice was here, and what the weather is. For the first half hour there was nothing but weather. I am now here at the puter, and I have the TV on. They are still saying and showing the same thing. I know, you are wondering, “Why don’t the Don turn the TV off”? The TV is a habit, and old habits are difficult to break.

            I just checked the cameras and the sleet appears to have lighten up somewhat. I can see the street seems to be covered but the newspaper guy just drove up and down the street without any problems. Tres and I went out on the porch, he found a place to urinate and then I sent Tres out to get the paper. Tres did not slip on the ice, he got the paper and once we were back in the homestead, I gave him a treat.         Good Boy Tres!

            Well, I have a cup of coffee which may provide me with clarity, as I attempt to finished this posting. I think today will be a good day to work on the income tax, if there is a good day for Taxes. 

            Using the security cameras, I just saw a neighbor come out to his porch, he surveyed the area, I assume he thought it was too cold, and then hustled back into his home.

Stay safe, stay home!

Senior retired person who will stay home today, Don the Ford  

No comments: