Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wednesday 02/09/2022

            Let us see what may have been in the Dons schedule for yesterday. The Don went outside and did some yard work. Not a bad day. Well, I guess I will go get me something to eat for my breakfast, I hope you enjoy the day.

 

            Not even one of you, as I was getting my break fast sandwich, asked, what the Don did yesterday. That is very hurtful for this ole senior person, so in an effort to get even, I will tell you some of what I did.

            I decided to go out and water the plants in the hot house, the sun was shining and the thermometer indicated 100 degrees when I went inside. The door was open as I water the plants and upon leaving the building, a few minutes later, the temp was still above 90.

            Then I raked some leaves out of the number 2 berry bed, as I had intended to apply some fertilizer. When I read the directions on the fertilizer it stated, apply after the last chance of frost. I will wait to apply. I did go ahead and water all three berry beds.

            Completing that task, I then approached the task of picking up debris from the back 40, which includes sticks and dog poop.

            I then put bird food out for the flying neighbors.

            Completing that task, I took the Ford's ole red wagon to the front yard where I loaded a couple bags of cow manure into the wagon. The bags of manure have been laying on the driveway and they had been rained on. Did you know these bags have small holes in them, I assume the manure needs to breathe? Well, the manure was damp, which made it more difficult to distribute.

            I actually spread all three bags of the manure, and then I ordered more from the past employer. When I ordered the cow manure, I wrote to the office person that I need some manure. This person replied in a funny manner, that there was a lot of it there! I don't think that reply was referring to the cow manure. 😊

            I did get the grand kids to school safely and I was able to get the Alex home safely yesterday evening.

            Arriving at home I suggested to my favorite wife that we might want to sit outside as the weather was nice. Sitting outside we noticed that the sun seems to be moving toward the north, as we were being shaded by the house. A couple weeks ago when we would sit outside, the sun would be shining on us. That might be a sign that spring is coming.

            I did get a call from an ole friend last night, who still lives in Missouri. We talked for quite a while about many things. That was enjoyable, it is always nice to hear from ole friends. I guess ole people only have ole friends. One of the things about being old, our ole friends seem to become fewer every year.

            Well, I guess that is mostly what occurred for me here yesterday.

 We reap what we sow, be nice!

Senior nice person, most of the time, Don the Ford

No comments: