Translate

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday again 02.13.2022

            Well, it is Sunday again, so I am writing about Saturday. Saturday was a Fairley boring day, we did go to lunch at the new Hewitt restaurant, aka Rosa’s. The food was good, the service was excellent, due to the fact that we place the order, found a table, then we have to go get our food, and get our drinks. Any condiments you want, you have to get for yourself. Now you know why the service was so good, we served ourselves! Would you believe, I tipped myself 30%?

            We did go to David’s homestead, the Alex had left his sweat shirt in my ole pickup Friday, and since it is getting cold, we thought he might need it. Dave and Claire are looking to buy a new car to replace the ole Gray car, they are trying to choose between three different brands.  

            I have basically done nothing all day Saturday, I did get a nap, and then watched some ole black and white movies.

            I was looking at one of the security cameras and I saw a white line and it was on an angle. It appeared to be out at the back fence. I went outside to see what it was and I did not see anything at the fence. I again looked at the monitor for camera 5 and it was still there. It took me a while but I finally learned it was not at the fence, it was a rope tied to a tree and the rope went to an inverted V antenna. That is a ham radio antenna.

            I also had an unusual situation Saturday morning. The red metal bench in the front yard was turned over and laying on its back. I told my favorite wife and she wondered who, or how it was turned over. I went back in to the security cameras and at 9:20am there was a tremendous gust of wind, which turned the bench over on its back.

            As I am writing this, and everything above, on Saturday afternoon, the three stooges are on and the first two movies are ones they have shown very often. Now you know why I am entering data, rather than watching the TV. Maybe the next one will be something I haven’t seen lately. I just checked and there is no local news on yet. Summary of 3 stooges, 5 of the 6 shows had been shown in the last couple weeks.

            It is supposed to be in the 20s tonight and I like to see the local weather to see when I will need to turn on the heat in the hot house. The sun has been shining most of the afternoon, so the house should be very warm for a while.

            Speaking of weather, at about 11:00am we left the homestead to go to lunch, and it was sleeting. There was sleet and some rain mixed for about a half hour, then all was back to normal. On the way to lunch we stopped at what use to be the dollar store. I say use to be, as now most, if not all the items are $1.25. I needed a couple bags of mints like I keep in the Ford’s ole Chevy.

            Virus; nope we don’t have it, and we are thankful, we have received some free, N-95 masks from a couple locations. We also received our free, government supplied at home virus test kits yesterday.

            I guess that is it for Saturday, we will see if I have anything new to add, in the morning.

            It is now Sunday morning and it is cold (22 degrees). It is supposed to warm up today into the 60s, and that will be good. I have no real plans for the day, I guess I could take it easy today, finally, some rest for a retired senior person. Wait a minute, resting is all I have been doing! Why break a habit, resting isn’t that bad?

 

Have a blessed day!

 

Senior ole retired person who need sun light, aka vitamin D, Don the Ford

No comments: