Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Cost too much 02.26.2022

                  What cost too much, everything! I took my favorite wife to get a hamburger at a local drive through, this drive through has a lot of wind (I don’t advertise so consider the name wind). Arriving at home we ate the burgers and fries. The fries were good, the burger was not.  We ordered two single burgers, fries and a drink and it cost $19.03. I have noted that I will not return to that burger place. 

              As I was driving home after dropping the Alex off at his home Friday afternoon, I noticed a gas station with a sign indicating the price of regular gas was $3.24 per gallon. That is 24 cents per gallon more than I paid last week. This will continue to increase due to many things; some could be fixed, if the people who are in leadership positions wanted to.

            This might be ok for you real people who have jobs, but for us ole retired people it isn’t ok.

 

              We have learned that we need to be at the hospital by 5:15am on Tuesday for the operation. That means we will need to leave the homestead at 4:30am.  Also, we have learned that during the operation only two people can be in the surgery waiting room. After the operation, only one person can be in the room with the patient. We were told that does not mean one at a time, but one individual per day (I guess because it is intensive care).

            I will need to be flexible on my schedule during that week, a lot of time at the hospital (it is a 30-mile drive one way) and little time at home. The weather is supposed to be nice next week, so Tres can stay outside, he may bark at times disturbing the neighbors. 

            We are trying to get things in order before Tuesday.

 

Focus, and geter dun!

Senior retired person, Don the Ford

No comments: