Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2022

A good day 02/06/2022

            Yesterday was a good day for the two senior retired Fords. For that one person, the two senior retired Fords is me and my present wife!

            We went to lunch with Alex, Gabi, Claire and David, the service was very good, and the food was even better. Enjoyable conversations, and some kidding of each other. Alex paid for the lunch, using my credit card. On the way home from lunch, we stopped and got gas for my favorite wife’s van. 

            Since one person found it difficult to believe I used a wheelchair to get across the ice on the driveway, I have a photo to help you understand.


                                                           

            When you have a way to avoid an accident, you must use it. I used it!

            The ice in the back 40 is all but gone, as the temp reached 49 yesterday, and the sun had shined all day! I did venture forth to the shed, I tried to stay on the dryer parts of the ground, to get the last of the bird food. I was able to divide the food between the outhouse and the other feeder. It would be nice if we had some more food for the birds and squirrels.

            We did get the mail yesterday, I guess the post office is working again, now that the weather is better. I got a letter from the IRS telling me how much stimulus money I received. I still do not know if I got all the stimulus checks or not. The letters stated how much money I received, but I don’t know if that is all three checks or just two. If you know I would appreciate you informing me, if not, I guess I will figure it out sooner or later.

            We received the package from UPS today. We now have mouse traps and I have place 3 of them in the Ford’s ole garage. I have a photo of the mouse traps; they are different from the old mouse traps.


            Basically, you place some type of bait in the hole and open the trap. When something touches the square piece that has the hole in the center, the trap activates, for that one person that means, it snaps shut. As I said I have three set in the garage now, one has a piece of apple, one has peanut butter, and one has popcorn. I will check them tomorrow.

            Note: as soon as I set the first trap, our cat Molley was trying to check it out, but it was in a place that I hope she can’t reach. 

            Ok, I will be watching the three stooges in a few minutes so I will stop creating this wonder filled article, maybe I will have more to add Sunday morning.  By for now, you all!

                  0                                                                                                    0    .      

            It is now Sunday, and I don’t have much to impart to you. It is not as cold this morning as it was yesterday (29 degrees), it is supposed to be sunny all day today.

            I guess the person who delivers our newspaper is working a little later today, Tres went out but did not return with a paper.

            I attempted to watch the three stooges yesterday, and every one of the shows I have seen lately. They must not have many on hand to show. I actually watched the local news instead of the three stooges, part of the time. Nothing good for us ole senior watchers

            I am going to stop for now, I might even attempt to get a cup of coffee.

 

Smiling makes it better!

            Smiling makes what better, they asked! Everything he responded!

Senior retired ole person who might give up on the three stooges, Don the Ford

No comments: