Translate

Friday, February 11, 2022

Wash not, be dirty 02.11.2022

            The title line is truthful. If you don't wash you will be dirty!

            We had planned on washing the pot hound Tres today, as it was predicted to get up to 77 degrees today. We washed the Tres Thursday afternoon, it was 74 degrees, here is what happened.

            I noticed a neighbor riding his electric bike so I went out to talk with him. As we talked, I learned, that he has not been feeling good, body aches and other ailments, and he was coughing some. I asked if he had the virus again, he said no. I stayed at a safe distance as we communicated.

            Now during the few minutes that we had, I noticed that the sun was shining on me, and I was very warm, to a point of being hot. I then decided to see if my favorite wife would go outside in the back 40 with me for a shower, with the warm sun on our bodies, it would be comfortable! 😊

            She agreed, as long as the shower was not for me, but for the Dog! 😐 As usual, she got her way and we washed the Tres. He seemed to like it but he likes playing with the towel after the washing more. The Tres does smell better now! 😊

            Note; the sun went behind a cloud while we were washing the pot hound.

            I did not do a lot yesterday, I did go to get gas in the Ford's ole Chevy, $3.07 per gallon. We here at the Fords homestead may need to stop driving, ole retired people can't afford these high prices.

            I did get a bottle of adult beverage yesterday, the price has gone up a dollar per bottle, we can afford that!

            I did run the lawn sprinklers yesterday, the grass said thank you! Ok it didn't say it out loud, but I knew it was thankful!

            I didn't get to pick the Alex up after school yesterday, that kind of messed up my normal schedule. To get back on a normal schedule, my present spouse and I did go to the cracker store for supper and it was very good. The young lady who was our server, was a new employee. She was very pleasant and would you believe, I tipped her, "A whole quarter!"

            It seems as if they have raised the price of some of the food at the cracker store, we may have to stop going there weekly, maybe we can afford it monthly.

            Today, I get to go to the ole past employer to pick up some more manure. Yes, it is in bags this time! Since I will be in the area, I might stop by the star coffee place and get a cup.

            I aske my present spouse if she was planning something special to eat this Sunday, as there is a football show on TV. My favorite wife just gave me the look! You know the look, it says without words, "You must be crazy"! I wasn't planning on watching the Football show, but I would have like some special snacks.

 

Enjoy the warm day!

 

Senior ole person who may get some vitamin "D" today, Don the Ford

No comments: