Translate

Friday, February 4, 2022

Frozen in Hewitt 02/04/2022

            The title says it all, that is it from the Ford’s Homestead, stay warm!

 

            What? I said that is all, and you decided to ask me a question? Why do I even try? I give up, what is your question? You want to know what the streets and walkways are like in our neighborhood. Well, at least your question is about something significant.

            Yesterday afternoon the streets were completely covered with sleet, and the streets appeared to be melting some. There were possibly three vehicles go up or down our street yesterday. Driveways in the area are also covered, ours appeared to be melting a little yesterday afternoon late.

            Today, everything is frozen solid, the streets and drives look like ice skating ranks. Our sidewalk is frozen and slicker than snot! Nope, I did not walk on it yesterday or this morning. Tres slipped a little but was able to bring the paper in yesterday. The front porch is mostly clear of ice, the back patio is completely clear of ice.

            I noticed that the birds were looking for food around the two feeding areas, so I made my way out to the shed and got some bird food. I can’t provide them with water, but the food will help. It only took a couple minutes, and I was about frozen when I made my way back to the house.

            Many businesses were, and are closed, schools are all closed, Dave was told he could come to work two hours later than normal, and Claire said she might go to work today, with a later start time. If Claire goes to work today, the grand kids will come to the homestead. If all the side streets in Hewitt look like our street, then I don’t think any of these side streets are safe to drive on!

            I did try to get some of the sleet off the Ford’s ole Chevy yesterday and I did not do a very good job. It was just too cold. I don’t have an Ice scraper, if I do, I don’t know where it is. I might go out today and see if I can open the door to the truck, and if so, I could start the motor and allow it to warm up. Our maybe I will stay inside and say the heck with it!

            My favorite wife of over half a century, knows how to beat the cold weather with some food. My first wife made some homemade Chili for the evening repast yesterday. It was good then and it will be even better today! Photo to follow.


            The pot of chili was on the stove cooking at the time of the photo. Good stuff!

            Enjoy your coffee, or hot chocolate, stay inside, maybe you should try to read a story or maybe your bible today!

 

Coffee for me please!

            It is bad when I can’t go to the star coffee place and waste money on a cup!

Senior retired person who is not only retired, but tired of the cold, Don the Ford

No comments: