Translate

Thursday, February 24, 2022

I fixed it 02.24.2022

            I can only assume that you may have read the very short previous posting, in which I had commented, "the remote button will no longer activate or deactivate the lights". That statement was true, but it no longer is true, as, "I fixed it!"

            Now one might ask, how can an ole senior retired person, who often does not remember what day it is, be able to fix, aka repair, a remote-control button. It may be due to his enormous perseverance, and the fact that he replaced the battery, after which it immediately began to work!

            You are right, I am good! 😊

            Now the lady of the Ford's homestead did go to a couple stores yesterday, and she purchased enough goods to last for a couple weeks. After we unloaded all the items from the Ford's ole van, I proceed to take the Tres for a ride in the van. My favorite wife had promised to take him for a ride, but had not had enough time. Tres enjoys a ride in a vehicle, he likes to have his head out of the window. During yesterday's ride, it was too cool to have the window down, but he seemed to enjoy the ride anyway. 

            In the afternoon yesterday, I had a half a loaf of bread that was going to be thrown out, so I took the bread out to the back fence and walked along the fence tossing a piece here and there until all was gone. It was really cold so I was trying to get back into the house quickly. I did decide to put some bird food in the two feeders, and I followed that up with some warm water in the bird bath. I hope they get some water before it freezes too.

            Returning to the homestead I looked out the window and the black birds were already getting the bread at the back fence. If has been below freezing all day, if you thank the cold is rough on you, how would you like to be a bird or other wild animal?

            I wasn't supposed to take the kids to school today, Dave has the day off and he was going to take them. Due to the weather, schools in our area will be starting two hours late. Dave has an appointment so I will take the kids to school.

            The Tres and I walked outside to see if the newspaper was there, it wasn't, but I checked the walkway to see if it was slick, it wasn't! The driveway appears to be wet but it wasn't slick.

            There will likely not be a blog posting tomorrow, we have appointments that start early morning through noon.

Drive slowly be safe!

Senior retired person who will try to stay warm today, Don the Ford

No comments: