Translate

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Mooned again 02.16.2022

            As I was taking some items out to the trash can, I was once again mooned. This time it was a full mooning!


            After the mooning, there was nothing left for me to do but get to work. Here at the Ford’s homestead, I am allowed to eat, sleep and drink, only if I do some physical labor. The labor yesterday was, “attempting to remove acorns from a portion of the jasmine where the workers who replaced our porch had pretty much devastated the plants.” There may be photos later.

            Now as an experienced raker, (the term raker means, a person who rakes) I know that raking acorns from flat bare dirt, is easy work. I also know when the raker is attempting to remove the acorns from short grass the work is somewhat more difficult. Obviously, removing acorns from the tall thick grass like we have here at the Fords homestead, is very difficult and tedious work. Raking the acorns from the jasmine vines, is next to impossible. 

            Yesterday, I was doing the almost impossible, yep, I was attempting to rake them from the jasmine vines. The area I was working on has been downtrodden by the workers, thus the leaves were no longer in this area, but the tough ole vines were still there. I was able to get three 5-gallon buckets full of these acorns and other debris. I use a small rake which makes it easier to attempt to pull through the vines.


 

            I wanted to put some cow manure along the sidewalk, but time did not allow.

            We received a scratch off contest via the mail yesterday, it was from the VW dealer. After scratching it off it showed we won $5,000. I called the phone number, and I was told I had won one of the 4 listed prizes. I was to bring the winning card to the dealership. These contests are used to get people to the dealer ship. I being gullible made my way over to the dealership, where I was told I did not win the $5,000, but I had won two lottery cards. The fellow said they had gone to get more lottery tickets; it would be a few minutes before they would have them. I got up and left, no richer than before. 

 

What a day for a daydream!

Senior retired daydreaming boy, Don the Ford

No comments: