Translate

Monday, July 11, 2022

Worked too hard 07.11.2022

            Yesterday, which is known as Sunday, should have been a day of rest and relaxation for ole senior retired persons, but it was not. My favorite wife allowed me to go out back and move the very large flower pots.

Now, I have been known to stretch the truth occasionally, but I am not fibbing when I speak of the weight of the, “cement flower pot!. The cement flower pot, and yes, I will provide a photo a little later, weighs more than 100 pounds. I was required to move it out of one flower bed and move it about 30 feet to the second flower bed, where I had to get it over a block barrier and on to another cement block.

First, I had to remove the flower in the big pot that resides on the scrap wood table and the table it sat on, which I made a few months back, (photo to follow) as this is where the cement flowerpot was going to be placed. Tres is also in this ole photo.


            I then had to move the cement flowerpot, remember it weighs mor than 100 pounds, over 30 feet across the yard to the new location. No, I did not carry the darn thing, I am almost three quarters of a century old (for that one person that is almost 75 years old), I can’t carry things like that anymore, but I was able to roll it across the yard.

            Arriving at the scene, that is, where the cement flowerpot is to be placed, I had placed a cement block in the location where the cement flowerpot was to be set. I did lift the cement flowerpot up enough, to set it on the cement block. I am now wishing I had not lifted the cement flowerpot. Photo of the pots placement to follow, it’s the big one in the center of the photo.


            Next, I needed to place the scrap wood table in the other flower bed, then somehow get the heavy flowerpot on the table and secured to the table. Photo to follow.


            Finally, I was allowed to return the tools I had used in this project to the shed, I then procured a glass of cold water, and I sat on the back patio, out of the sun, with the fan blowing on me. I was sweating like crazy; my shirt was totally wet from the sweat. I got all this work completed before 10:00am, thank goodness, as the temp yesterday was a hot 109 degrees, photo of the Don to follow. 

 


            The rest of the day I did as little as possible. My favorite wife and I did wash the dog in the heat of the afternoon, and yes, we did set outside in the heat for about an hour, yep, the fan was blowing on us.

            This morning, Monday July 11th, the Tres and I went for an early morning walk, returning home from the walk, I proceeded to the coffee shop where I acquired a cup of coffee, and then I did get a breakfast burrito, which I brought home and shared with my present spouse. The burrito is large enough for the two of us to share, and their hot sauce is great, (the burrito did not come from the coffee shop).

            You now have all the news from the Ford’s Homestead, hope your day is safe and fun.

Stay hydrated!

Senior retired ole person who drinks a lot, a lot of what, Don the Ford

No comments: