Translate

Friday, July 29, 2022

No rest for the old 07/29/2022

            Today is Friday and I have more work to do early this morning, in hopes of avoiding the extreme heat. I have not yet taken the Tres for a walk as it is still too dark outside, yep, I got up a little early this morning. We did get the paper from out front, and I got a photo of the planet I see most mornings. It was dark enough this morning, so I was able to get a photo.


            Topic swap: My favorite wife and I took our favorite granddaughter and favorite grandson out for lunch yesterday. We had a good time, and the food was ok.

            Another subject: I will need to water the neighbors tree this morning, before I get started on my project. I did do some more work yesterday and I have a couple photos.


 


             Ok I am back, I went out and turned the water on at the neighbors, to water the tree. Then Tres and I went for a walk that is after it got light enough to see. There was a female person who we saw jogging, when she turned the corner, she was heading up the street in the same direction as me and Tres. Tres became very interested, I think he would have rather had a young female person take him jogging, rather then and ole senior person taking him for a walk. He watched her until she turned the corner at the end of the block, then he settled down and walked with me.

Returning home from the walk, I watered the plants in the back 40, and when the phone alarm went off, I went across the street and turned the water off at the neighbor’s tree, and I rolled the hose up. Back across the street to our homestead, I got in the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed out to the teller machine to get our weekly allowance, a cup of real coffee from the Star place, and yes, a breakfast burrito for me and my favorite wife. 

Back to the topic of photos and work performed by a senior retired person. Photo #1 is showing the location of a earth anchor. The Tres started to lay there, in my way, and when he lay on the anchor he hollered, and walked away. I knew I would need to remove the anchor; I did not know how long the anchor was. The blue bar was used to unscrew the anchor, which had been in the ground since around 1990, heck that is more than 15 years ago!

Do you have any idea how hard it is for an ole senior person to unscrew an anchor, that had been in the ground for around 30 years, let me tell you it is not easy! Photo #3 is of the 30-inch anchor after it came out of the ground.

In photo #2, yes, I know I am not listing these photos in order, is of the above ground sprinkler that I had put in myself several years ago. It is above ground because it is easier to put in and easier to work on when necessary. I had to cut the pipe and will need to reconnect it today. I doubt that you can see it but there is duct tape on the end of the pipe. The tape is there to keep bugs and dirt out of the pipe until I determine how I will re-install the sprinkler.

New topic: I received a call from a nephew who lives in Missouri yesterday. We had a nice long conversation; it seems that several of the people we knew as kids have passed away. This nephew and I turn three quarters of a century old this year. I am three months older than him, which means my mom and my sister were both pregnant at the same time.

Well, I guess I need to get out back and get to work before it gets too hot.

¾ of a century young!

Senior retired person who feels like he is not retired, Don the Ford

No comments: