Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Rain possibility 07.10.2022

            Yesterday in Hewitt Texas the temperature got up to 108 degrees Fahrenheit. Now that is rather warm, and it made staying inside a good idea.

            At about 5:00pm, my favorite wife asked, “Are we going to sit outside”, to which I responded, “It is kinda hot outside, but we can if you want to”! We sat outside.

            I placed the fan behind our chairs and set it to oscillate so we could get a little hot air blown on us. The cold drinks helped a little, as I related ole stories from my past to my present spouse. My first wife listened to my talking, appearing to be interested in what I said. When someone listens to you, you feel good, and you feel as if you were involved in a pleasant conversation, even though you did all the talking. 

I have made this point before, letting the other person talk, without inserting your thoughts, most always helps the person who is speaking feel appreciated and respected. Also, the person speaking usually sees the person who is listening as a good person.  

Now let us get to the title line, “Rain Possibility”. Now you already know that we sat outside in the 108-degree heat, and that we had cold drinks, and that I talked a lot. What you don’t know is, that there was a rain cloud forming overhead, and yes, we decided to get a photo in an effort to show everyone that rain might be in our future. Photo to follow.


            Altering the subject, I have another photo of a blooming flower here at the homestead.


 
            The photo has a lot of green in it, maybe it was taken in a jungle and not here at the Homestead. That reminds me, I guess I should go out and water the flowers in the flowerpots. I do have a huge flowerpot that I need to move, maybe I can get David to come over and help me.

Listen more, be appreciated!

Senior retired person who needs to get to work, Don the Ford

No comments: