Translate

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Did what 07/27/2022

            You should have asked, "The Don did what?" No one asked, and my feelings were hurt, with tears in my eyes, I am trying to enlighten the public, but I might just stop and sit in the front room alone, yep, my favorite wife has left me all alone. ☹😐😊

            Today is Wednesday, and I have been busy this morning. The Don has done several things this morning? The Tres and I went for a medium walk this morning, and that was completed before the sun came up. We noticed as we walked there was areas that felt cooler than normal. We learned that some yards had ran the lawn sprinklers last night and there was a cool feeling as we walked by those yards.

            One of the homes has a new wood fence all around their back yard. The fence also has two small dogs that were acting vicious as we walked by. They were wanting to attack the Tres and he was wagging his tale, he wanted to play.

            Turning and walking back toward the Homestead, we observed a female person walking in our direction, she was on the opposite side of the street. As we got closer to each other I said, "good morning" and she returned the comment. I noticed that she was looking at the Tres and I ask, "Were you going to say he is pretty", to which she replied, "I was thinking that". I then asked, "Don't you think I am pretty too", and she hesitated at first, but then replied, "The two of you"!

            As I noted earlier, we made it back home before the sun came up. I then headed to the back 40 and watered the plants. While I was watering the berry vines in #3 bed, I heard a small sound of a baby bird. I looked into the bird house and there was a baby bird with its mouth wide open. The sun was shining into the house, so I decided to get a photo. When I got the phone ready and stepped in front of the house I blocked the sun, photo to follow.

 


That completed I started the real work, I went out behind the shed and secured to big cement blocks, which I put in the ole red wagon and brought them with a couple tools to the patio. I wanted to place a couple blocks along the patio just to make it look better. With my knee pads on I was crawling around in the dirt and on the cement patio. After what seemed like hours of work, it may have been just one hour, I cleaned the area up and took a photo.

 


            There is still more work to be done but the ground was super dry and hard. I applied water to the ground in hopes of making the dirt easier to dig in and will attempt to do some more work tomorrow morning.

            After all that work and a glass of ice water, I went to the front yard and watered all the potted plants.

I was allowed to have a shower, and yes, my body is now clean.

            You know the rest; I have been here enlightening you as to my activities.

Work early, rest later!

Senior person who needs to find something to eat for lunch, Don the Ford

No comments: