Translate

Saturday, July 9, 2022

No burrito 07.09.2022

            It is Saturday, and I did not get a burrito. It would have been nice to have something to eat, but when you are on a fixed income, you only get leftovers, if there are any.

This morning I was allowed to water the plants out front, and the black berry beds out back. I have two small black berry plants in pots, and I water them daily. With all the heat we are having, I am not sure if the small plants will make it or not.

My favorite wife decided to pull weeds from a couple flower beds this morning, so I decided to attack the #1 berry bed, attempting to remove all this year’s growth. Photo at the beginning of the trimming, and after the trimming was done. It is not perfect, but it is better.  

 



  

             I put
 my tools away and headed in for a shower, and I did all that by 9:00am.

Well, I do have a cup of coffee here on the desk with me while I try to enlighten the reading public.

Subject change, odd topic: this story takes place in my bed last night, don’t get any crazy ideas, just read what I write. Now I always have dreams, some are nice, and some are odd, last nights was odd, and the reason, to me, seems even more odd.

It seems as if I had been working with some type of plant, and my hands began to itch, so I rubbed them back and forth across the front of my shirt (remember it is a dream).  Now that isn’t too odd, but when I was trying to wake up (you know half awake and half asleep) I was rubbing my hands across the cover on the bed. I would rub my hands, but they would not stop itching. I finally became aware, (that means I was no longer half asleep), that both of my hands were itching for real. At the base of both of my thumbs my hands were itching, and I could not stop the itching.

Now that I was awake, I decided to get up and see what was causing the itching. After some careful review of the area at the base of both thumbs, I determined the problem. You might find this difficult to believe but it is true, I had two mosquito bites, one each at the base of each thumb. I told you it was an odd topic, and no, I did not find the mosquito. Yes, I did stop the itching.

Well, I guess that is it for now, I might try to get a little rest on the Ford’s ole rocker.

Do nothing day!

Senior retired person who butchered the black berries, Don the Ford

No comments: