Translate

Friday, July 8, 2022

Good deal 07.08.2022

            Allow the Don to begin with a tale of a good deal. I had gone into the big city of Waco to purchase a tarp for the Ford’s ole riding mower, and I decided to stop by the liquor emporium and get a couple bottles of adult beverages. Two bottles at one time means less trips to town. I went through the drive through, and the lady came to the window and I told her what I wanted, I handed her the money and she walked away.

            When the lady returned, she told me, “The price has gone up, but you are old school, so I give you old price.”  This lady talks with a slight accent and she has worked there for several years, heck she may be the owner. By me being old school, she meant, I have purchased from them for several years. It was nice to get a good deal!

            Yesterday was a kind of do-nothing day, heck it was too hot to work outside, and today is supposed to be even hotter.

            My favorite wife and I did go out for supper and upon returning to the homestead we decided to ignore the heat and sit outside for a while. I did set up a fan and a water mister to help keep things cool. It worked some, but a larger fan would have been better.

            As we sat there in the heat talking about world problems, a couple neighbor ladies came over. I did get them chairs, and we all enjoyed lively conversations. A little later a husband to one of the ladies came over and joined the discussions.

            I did bring up a comment that I had taken from the bible, and it was, “a prostitute was caught in the act, and they wanted to stone her (for the one person, stoning a person means, kill them by throwing stones at them). My question is, why did they want to kill the woman, and do nothing to the man, he was an equal participant? 

            Anyway, we enjoyed the conversations with some of our neighborhood friends yesterday.

Talk more, do less!

Senior retired person who is good at doing less, Don the Ford

No comments: