Translate

Monday, July 18, 2022

Good neighbor 07.18.2022

            Who is a good neighbor, that one person asked, as he assumed he knew the answer? Actually, any of our neighbors can be thought of as, “Being good neighbors, and also friends”. Wow, now that I think of it, we have it pretty good in the neighborhood, all our neighbors are also considered as friends! The Don is starting this Monday off in a happy mood.

            The words happy mood just reminded me of something. This morning, I went to get a breakfast burrito, and when I pulled up to the window I said to the lady, “Happy Monday”, to which she said, “I am starting Monday off trying to be in a happy and helpful mood”, and she had a big smile.

            Let’s see if we can alter the topic: this morning the Don went across the street to the neighbor’s house, they are on vacation, it must be nice to have enough money to go on vacation, and no I was not trying to steel anything from their yard. I had been assigned the job of watering their small tree in the front yard. This young tree has not yet established its root system, and watering for 30 minutes every couple days, is a must. While I was in their yard, I was able to get a photo of the Ford Homestead.  Photo to follow.


 
            If one was to look closely, they might be able to see the Don’s dog looking out the front door, wondering why the Don is in the neighbor’s yard.

            Well, I started the watering process for the tree and headed back to the Homestead to water the flowers in the pots in the front yard. At the completion of the watering here at the homestead, I returned to the neighbor’s yard and repositioned the nozzle on the hose, so the water is getting down to the ground quicker.

            This neighbor has one of those hoses that expands when there is water pressure in it, and contracts when the water pressure is gone. This type of hose would be good only if you plan to always have a nozzle on the end. Without a nozzle the hose would not be under pressure and would not expand. While I was messing with the hose and nozzle, I was able to get another photo of the ford Homestead, and the moon is still overhead.


            What, I don’t care if you can’t see the moon, it was there when I took the photo!

            I know that one person still doesn’t know who the good neighbor is, and I will just keep it to myself, and I am asking each of you, please don’t tell him, he doesn’t need to know!

            Time for me to stop entering data on this puter and get into my ole recliner, hope you have a good day.

 

All our neighbors are good!

Senior retired person who is happy to have good neighbors, Don the Ford

 

 

No comments: