Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2022

It happened like this 07/28/2022

            Wow, I have a true story to present to you, and the rest of the reading public.

            I can’t be sure what time it was, but I think it was somewhere around 12:30 to 1:00pm. I was lying in bed, I was awake, when I heard the strange sound. It was just one sound, one time and then it was quiet. I lay there wondering if I had been asleep and the sound was from a dream, or did it really happen.

            A few minutes passed, then it sounded off again, this time the sound continued for almost a minute. There was now no doubt, I was awake, and my first wife who was lying next to me said, “Where did that sound come from”. When we started talking the sound stopped.

            I being able to decipher the sound, knew what it was from, and that is when my favorite wife said, “that sounds like a frog, how did a frog get in the house’? I being all knowing, explained to my sleepy spouse how the frog got into the house. My present spouse brought a small Christmas Cactus from the front porch into the bed room that day, and the frog was in the flower pot.

            My irritated spouse got out of bed and looked into the flower pot, but she did not see a frog. Returning to bed, she and I did not hear any more noise from the previously mentioned noise maker, aka the frog

            Today my happy wife looked around in the bed room, and under the bed but did not see the noise maker. When I learned that she was looking for the friendly frog, I offer to help. I looked in the flower pot and the frog was there. This frog had a divot dug along side of the flower pot, and he / she was in the divot and he / she blended in with the dirt.

            We removed the flower pot from the bed room, taking it back to the front porch, where I removed the frog from that flower pot and placed him in another flower pot. The frog is back outside, the flower is back in the bed room, and we should have a quiet night’s sleep. 

            That was yesterday, we are now into today:

            The Tres took me for a walk this morning and it was a fairly long walk. I did notice that we were walking at a quicker than usual pace. Heck my heart rate had increased and I was breathing faster than usual. Who knew, I was getting some exercise! Now, as you may know, the Don is all knowing, that being the case the Don knew that Tres was hurrying because he needed to deposit some poop-a-loop (he needed to potty). He did wait until we made it home, he doesn’t go while we are walking.

            Well, as soon as I finish here, I intend to get a cup of coffee and go out back to the patio and continue the project that I begun yesterday. The good part of this project is it is in the shade.

            My favorite wife, my favorite granddaughter, and yes my favorite grandson have plans to have lunch together today. Wow, good food we hope, and good company we know!

            Well, that is it for now, stay safe, be happy, and be nice to senior retired people.

 Take time to think!

If we took time to think before we did or said anything, we would be better off!

Senior ole retired person who thinks he is silly but not crazy, Don the Ford

No comments: