Translate

Monday, March 1, 2021

Yesterday, today is 03/01/2021

            The day before today, which is known to some as yesterday, Tres and I took a short walk. During this walk we first heard a couple crows calling to each other. One would call out three times, then the other would call out four times. As this process continued, I became aware of the direction of the two crows. As we walked, we came to a point where we could see both crows, and they were each one on the highest branch of two trees, and the trees were about 150 feet apart.

They were on such small branches of these two trees, I found it difficult to believe the little branches would hold them. I assume one of the crows was saying to the other crow, “You better stay away from my girlfriend”! I could be wrong, and they may have been trying to mark or at least identify their territory.

            My friend Tres and I continued our walking, and it became apparent that the leaves from the Live Oaks were coming off. Were there was a Live Oak the ground and street were covered, and this was occurring at all the live oaks. This is very unusual, as the Live Oaks stay green all year round. I assume that the long period of cold weather, and the night of 1 degree temp, froze the leaves. I wonder, did the cold weather hurt the trees, or just the leaves? When we returned to the homestead Tres and I went to the back 40 and I removed all the deposits that Tres had left.

            Then I decided to clean and cut out some of the dead vegetation from the front yard. I knew I would only get to work a short while as it had rained earlier and it was predicted to rain more during the day.

            During the process of vegetation butchering, a neighbor came over and showed me his new toy. He has bought a revolver that will shoot a 45-caliber shell or a 410-shotgun shell. Its a good-looking gun.  

            I was able to clear out some of the dead vegetation but not a lot, before the rain came. I put all the tools away and will begin again when the rain passes. I think it will be necessary to cut down to almost ground level, all the Jasmin in our flower bed, the leaves all look dead.

            It was so humid on Sunday (AKA yesterday) that the floor of the garage was wet. I turned the big fan on to see if I could get some of the condensation to leave, it did not!

            Well, that was it then, you know, yesterday!

Today; it has begun raining this morning and it is only 45 degrees. I get to take the Grandkids to school this morning. I am not sure how long this rain will last, so I don’t know if I will get to butcher any of the vegetation in the front yard.

Stay dry, warm and safe!

Senior retired person who wants to butcher a bush, Don the Ford

No comments: