Translate

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Do it right or don't do it 03/11/2021

            I was in the Ford’s ole Chevy when I observed something that was not done right! Why is it that ole senior persons are able to see things that others do wrong, yet we are too polite to tell them that they are as dumb as the south end of a north bound horse.

            What was this thing that the Ford observed, it was a flag that was flown improperly? This person had two flags flying, one Federal and one State on the same pole. What this person had incorrectly done was, he /she posted the Texas flag up-side-down. Even an ole person like me immediately knew the flag was up-side-down. If you are going to fly a flag at least fly it properly and do not allow it to touch the ground.

            Speaking of flags, when I go to pick the Alex up at school, they fly both flags on two poles. Usually, the pole for the American flag is a few inches taller that any other pole. That way, putting flags on the pole ensures that the American flag flies a little higher than the other flags.

            The poles at Alex’s school appear to be the same height, but I could be wrong, (nope I am right). Also, they were flying the flags at haft mast, a week or so back, and the Texas flag was a little higher than the American flag. I thought of going in and telling them, but I assume they did not care, and probably did not know the proper way to present flags.

            I also thought about raising the American flag myself, then I thought they would probably think I was stealing the flag and call, the police.

 

            Now that I have completed chastising those uninformed people, let us talk about me!

            My favorite wife and I are still schedule for the second shot Friday, yes, both kinds of shots, and both are for adults.

            My first wife and I, plan to visit the grocery store today. It would be nice if we had some money to spend while we were there, you know we sent a check to the IRS, which we hope does not bounce. 

            Speaking of money, have you tried to purchase anything with money lately? I am asking have you used real money and not that plastic card. It could be fun to watch a person try to count out your change.

            Well, the neighbors dogs were out again this morning. I did take the baseball bat out with me to get the newspaper, but I did not see the dogs at that time. I don’t know why they can’t keep their dogs in the fence.

Your mask helps you and others!

Senior soon to be grocery shopper, Don the Ford

No comments: