Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Scrap wood again 03/17/2021

            This retired ole senior person has been working with scrap wood pieces again. My spouse of more than half a century, allowed me to make a cross for a neighbor.

            When asked if I would make one, I thought for a moment and said, “Yes’. I thought I would need to get the saw out, find some scrap wood, do some marking, cut the wood, then put it together. I thought, all that would take 1.5 hours.

            So, I got started on the project, then it occurred to me, that there was more to do than just cutting with a saw, and assembly. That wood would need to have some work with a plane, sanding, torch work, and some varnish applied.

            When I cut the wood, I had enough for two, so I made two, which meant a lot more work. I put in several hours (off and on) yesterday, I did pick up the grand kids at their schools. I got tired and I headed for a very nice supper, prepared by my favorite wife.

            I have put in some time this morning putting number two together, and applying two coats of the sealer to both. Getting the cross decorated for an Easter look, is my present spouse’s job. And then she will present it to the neighbor. I guess we will need to see if anyone else needs a cross.

                                                        

            My spouse puts a crown of thorns on the cross along with some purple flowers at the bottom. I don’t know what else she adds for decorations. I know, it doesn’t look like a lot of work, but if you make one you will find that it takes time and effort.

Don’t Cross an ole person, mask up!

 

Senior retired person who has been Crossed, twice this week, Don the Ford    

No comments: