Translate

Monday, March 8, 2021

Dog gone it 03/08/2021

            We have had a problem with one of the neighbor’s dogs getting out lately. They have two dogs and they get out too often. Saturday, they came at me in my drive way, I got a club and stood my ground, as they barked and snarled at me. Then I decided the club might not be heavy enough so I grabbed a baseball bat. I would have hit one if one got close enough.

            This morning I raised the garage door a little to allow the cats to go in and out. Tres began barking under the door and then the neighbor’s dogs were trying to get under the door, trying to attack Tres. I got Tres away, and shut the door. I put Tres in the back yard and I grabbed the baseball bat, as I needed to move the trash cart to the curb. Bat in hand, I took the cart to the street. The dogs came running at me, and I was ready to literally take one or both of their heads off. They were very aggressive but they stayed about 6 feet away. I did not get to hit either one.

            Another neighbor saw the event and sent me a Text. He also carries a walking stick (AKA club) with him when he goes out to get the morning paper, due to those dogs.

            As I now see it, I can’t take my dog out with me to get the morning paper due to the neighbor’s dogs possibly getting out, and I will need to carry a bat. Also, I may not be able to walk my dog up the street due to the possibility of the dogs getting out. I plan to talk with the owner today.

 

            The grand kids are supposed to be here for the next few days as spring break has begun.

 

            We hope to get our second shot this Friday, we are waiting for the call for a schedule time to arrive.

 

Stay safe, wear a mask, carry a bat!

 

Senior retired person who may get to hit a home run, Don the Ford

No comments: