Translate

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Who hit who? 03/24/2021

            No, my favorite wife did not hit me again, I do not have bruises all over my ole body, again.

            Allow me to provide some additional information on this title line.

            It was a typical morning in Hewitt Texas, the sun was shining and it was about 50 degrees. My present spouse and I had gone to the Grocery store, we were looking for some dog food which I found one bag on the top shelf.

            As usual, when an ole senior person needs some help, there is no one around to provide such needed service. I, an ole senior person, was able to tip toe and reach the end of said bag of dog food.

            You know, I think that may have been the first time I have ever used “Tip Toe”, in one of my blogs. Wow, I am venturing into uncharted territory.

            I pulled and tugged carefully as there was another larger bag of dog food partially on the bag I was attempting to procure. It took several tries, but this ole senior person eventually pulled the bag from the top shelf.

            After checking out, we went to another store where they sell items at reduced price. We purchased a bag of bird seed and my first spouse got a couple other items.

            Finished shopping, we hopped back into the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed for the Homestead. I, unfortunately asked, “Would you like a fish sandwich from the Mc hamburger joint”? My spouse of more then 51 years considered the proposition, and then replied, “Yes, I guess so”.

            We got in line at the Mc place, and the drive through line was not moving. There was a car behind me so I could not get out of line. It took several minutes to place my order. After placing the order, I pulled forward as much as I could, and the driver behind me decided to run into the back of me.

            I got out and checked the Ford’s ole Chevy for damage. The Passenger of the pickup the hit me got out, (the young driver stayed in the vehicle) and we both checked the vehicle. Their bumper hit my trailer hitch. The Ford’s ole Chevy was not injured, their company pickup that hit us, had a scratch on the bumper. Now you know, who hit who.

            Topic change; our two weeks period after the second shot will be Thursday. We will likely go to the cracker place for supper on Thursday!

Wear the mask for others!

Senior retired person who wears the mask and don’t think much about it, Don the Ford

No comments: