Translate

Friday, March 5, 2021

Happy what? 03/05/2021

            As I had noted in an earlier posting, Alex, my favorite grandson's birthday was Thursday the 4th, of March. I picked him up after school yesterday afternoon and since it was his birthday, I begin to sing to him, "Happy Thursday to you, happy Thursday to you, Happy Thursday dear Alex, happy Thursday to you"!

            Alex gave me the look and said, "It is Birthday not Thursday". I then countered with, "Could we both be correct"? I again got the look from Alex. I then noted, "It is your birthday so you are correct, it is also Thursday so I am correct'.

            It is nice when silly grandpa and Alex can both have differing opinions, and yet both be correct. 

 

            Later at the homestead Thursday afternoon, I went to the back 40 and resumed vegetation removal. Alex came out and helped me. It is always nice when a young person helps a senior retired person. I still have a lot of work to do in the back 40, I know I will not get done today.

 

            My present spouse has been using the right hand (remember, she had a broken bone in her wrist) and she is now able to do anything she wants. Today she plans to go to town, alone, and do some shopping. 😊    Now one should consider, when she goes to town alone, that means her first, but maybe not her favorite husband, is left at home alone! 😐

            Yesterday as I was working on the vegetation removal, I could hear several lawn mowers running. Now I have a few weeds in the yard but not enough to get the mower out and try to mow, although I am considering getting the walk behind mower out and vacuuming up the leaves that I have raked out of a flower bed.

            Now that my mind is working, maybe I will take some or all the leaves to the black berry beds and deposit them there. The leaves help keep in moister and also help retard the growth of weeds.             Wow, I am thinking! 😊

 

            I will be so happy to get my second virus shot, I plan to wait 2 weeks after receiving said shot, and then I plan to go to the hair removal place, and get my extra-long and kind of wooly, hair removed!

Be nice to others, wear a mask!

Senior mask-ologist and almost nice guy, who will be home alone today, Don the Ford

No comments: