Translate

Friday, March 26, 2021

Friday, are you sure? 03/26/2021

            Well. I think it is Friday again, but is it?

            As I sit here entering data into the ole computer, I observed my neighbor (on the security monitor) come out his front door looking for the so-called newspaper. He had told me that he carried a walking stick just in case the other neighbors' dogs were out. I could see the walking stick in his hand, I carry a container of pepper spray when I go out to get the paper, just in case the dogs are out.

            Yesterday my first wife and I went to the Barrel restaurant for supper. We intentionally went for supper earlier than we normally would, hopping to avoid any crowds. It worked, there was not many people there. We were surprised that they had the tables separated, it made us and others feel safer from the virus.

            We talked to the manager and he will be getting his shot next week. Having both of our shots, we feel much safer when out and about. This was the first time we had went to that restaurant and went inside to eat since before Christmas. Supper was good, and we were not stuck at home! It is good to be out and about and feel reasonably safe. 😊

            Topic change; my favorite wife had ordered an item from the TV Q company, and it arrived yesterday broken, I get to send it back today. 😐

            I ordered an item from the on line River company, and it is at UPS in Waco this morning, I might get it today, maybe? 😐

            We ordered another item from the Home store and it is at the home store this morning, we might get it today. 😐

            Subject modification: The front yard needs to be mowed today, I guess fertilizer and rain make the weeds and grass grow. I checked the black berries yesterday, that are near where the neighbor sprayed the weed killer several days ago, and they have brown spots on the leaves. The leaves on the other black berries in the other bed don't have the spots. I have the feeling that  the spray made it to our berries.

            Well, I need to rest up for a while, and then began the very hard work maintaining the front yard (aka mowing).

 

Listen to others, it makes them feel good!

 

Senior soon to be master mower and weed trimmer, Don the Ford

No comments: