Translate

Monday, August 31, 2020

Sunday a fun day 08/31/2020

            Sunday was the Fun day here at the fords Homestead. Yes, it had cooled down to 101 degrees but that was still warm enough to keep this ole senior retired person, inside the house most of the time. I did get out late in the afternoon and water the plants out back, we need to get rain soon.

            I had never watched a movie about the hobbits before, but this past Sunday I watched one. Those movies seem to last forever. When that movie was over, the ole movie Ben Hur came on and I sat there and watched that ole movie. A fun day Sunday!

            Now there was one thing that occurred yesterday which I considered as really good, and that was, my favorite spouse made us a Quiche for supper! I had to ask Alexa how to spell quiche, I had no idea. Alexa tells me many things such as, how hot was it in Waco Texas yesterday. It is nice to have a helper “ALEXA”, who you do not need to pay.

 

            I ordered a couple items yesterday (one of those items was a mirror for the bike) as I sat there at the Ford’s ole desk, and at the same time, I enjoyed the two movies. I now know I have earned one dollar off my next order due to the fact, I approved having two items in one box and receiving it a day later. They could have just said thank you!

 

            Today I will call a couple people to see if I can get some bids on replacing the Ford’s ole driveway. There are two problems that I see in replacing the driveway. One, my favorite spouse would again have garage sales. We have not had sales due to the broken driveway and the possibility someone might trip and get hurt. Two, seniors who are retired and have to pick up aluminum cans from the highways just to pay their bills, do not have the funding to pay these extraordinary fees.

            Wow, it would be nice to have money like real people again!

            I need to get outside and put some varnish on a couple scrap wood items before it gets too hot to be outside.

 

Think about me, and you will have a good day!

 

Senior coffee connoisseur and fairly nice ole person, Don the Ford

No comments: