Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Lunch out with 08.16.2020

            Saturday my favorite wife and I along with Patrick and Karla went out to lunch. We went to a Mexican restaurant as I wanted some fajitas. They were very slow at everything from bringing the drinks to bringing the food. I assume they have minimal staff doing the work. We were there over 1.5 hours.

            On the way home I stopped by the booze shop to see if they had a bottle for me. We pulled up to the drive through window and the lady opened the window, she did not ask what I wanted, but how many. I said one and she walked away. There was a discussion that I might should have bought two. When the lady returned, I asked if she could get me two bottles which she did. I offered her a couple dollars for a tip and she refused saying, “You are a good customer”! She knew what I wanted, with out me asking, I must be a good Customer!

            When we arrived back at home, we found that David was there. He had brought a computer over for Patrick to look at. We all had some interesting conversations, including some political discussions. Basically, those of us present, had much of the same opinions.

            It was 106 yesterday and when we walked outside it was literally like entering and oven.

            I had some communications with a friend via text messaging. I guess neither of us thought about picking up the phone and calling. 

            All in all, a good day.

 

            Today it is supposed to be hot again, and tonight a cold front is coming through. We might get a chance at rain, and the temp might get down into the upper 90s next week. I have set up a sprinkler out back this morning prior to sunrise. It has been moved twice, and now the sprinklers in the flower beds are running. It is super dry due to this extreme heat. 

 

Mask not, wash not, live not!

 

Senior connoisseur of good food, Don the Ford

No comments: