Translate

Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday afternoon 08.17.2020

            What have I done today, as usual nothing but sit around? The Tres and I did go for an early morning walk, I carried a flash light as it was not day light yet.

            I did go to the wally world store early this morning to purchase some tape. I needed the tape to secure the electric bike back into the carton.

            While at the store I ask an employee, who was on her hands and knees stocking a shelf, where the tape was. She very rudely said around the corner across from the candy. She did not look up at me and sounded as if she was in one bad mood.

            I found the tape and then went to the dog food area to get some treats for our pot hound. I did notice as I passed other so-called employees, none of them made eye contact and none seem to be happy. Now it was about 7:30 so they may not have been a wake.

            The lady at check-out was very friendly!

            I did get to go to the star coffee place for a cup, and then headed for home. Yes, it had coffee in the cup.

            Arriving back at the homestead I was getting ready to begin the process of dismantling the bike, when I noticed a problem. Even when the bike was shifted into first gear according to the shift lever, the bike chain would only go to second gear. So, there is another problem with the bike.

            I carefully dismantled the bike, to the point that it was dismantled when it arrived here. Then I tried to understand how to put it back in the box. A couple parts were understandable and I got them in correctly, the rest went by guess. Would you believe, I used a big hammer to get a couple items in?

            My favorite spouse came out and help me get a couple areas taped. Then I finished taping the bottom and ends of the carton. The bike and carton weigh 70 pounds!

            The carton had been laying on its side, so I stood it up and went to work on the top. I have a couple photos which may help you understand my efforts.



                                   

            You might wonder why the clamps. I wanted to get the top as close as possible before taping. In other words, I wanted it to be very tight.

            I have a secret that I will tell only you, don’t tell anyone else, I used super glue on the plastic straps. I had cut the plastic strap when I opened the carton and I knew the plastic strap would help hold the carton closed, so I tried the super glue. I put tape over it so I don’t know if it helped or not.

            When or if they send another bike, I will open the box, take a photo, and then take other photos as I remove each item. I will not cut the box open, just incase I have to send it back too.

            Later I took a nap then went out and watered the black berries.

            Now I am typing this boring message, which you do not need to read.

 

            It is now 3:00 so I will need to get to reading. Hope you have more to do then this ole man.

 

Be kind to ole people!

 

Senior carton packer, Don the Ford

           

           

  

No comments: