Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Saturday is here 08/22/2020

            Yes, Saturday is here. I lay in bed this morning thinking to myself, what day is it? For us senior people, it is sometimes difficult to determine what day it is. My outstanding cognizance told me it is Saturday.

            Back in the olden days (pre-March 2020) waking up and thinking it is Saturday would be a positive situation. We would get up and after sitting around watching the so-called news on TV, drinking a few cups of coffee and watching some old black and white movies, maybe Tarzan, we would get dressed and leave the homestead.

            Most Saturdays, a little before noon, we would head into the big city (Waco) and we usually went to the same restaurant for the noon meal. As we enjoyed each other’s company, my favorite wife and I would often evaluate the other dining public as they arrived. One of my favorite appraisals was the female subjects who wore the pants with holes in them. I do not like those pants even when they are on a young good-looking female, but they are even more degrading on an older female subject. 

            We would enjoy our food and at that time we did not know it, but we were enjoying being out of the homestead being close to others.

            When we would leave the restaurant, we would often have some where to stop before heading for home. Possibly my favorite wife would need to go somewhere, or rarely; I would need to go to the Harbor store. Again, we would be near others even though we did not know them. You do not need to know the people you are around; it is just the social feeling one receives in a herd situation.

            After eating and visiting a store or two we would head for home. Heading for home did not, at that time, make one feel as if they were being kept separated from real people. Heck, in the olden days on a Saturday (pre-March 2020) we would occasionally get visitors from family or friends.

            We didn’t even know how good we had it in the olden days (pre-March 2020)!

 

            Yep, it is Saturday, August 22, 2020 and we have no plans to leave the homestead for food. A sandwich and a can of soup here at the Homestead will be ok, at least one can survive on soup and sandwich. We are not expecting to have a visit from anyone.           So Sad!

            Did I make you feel sorry for me and my present spouse? That wasn’t the original thought behind this short summary, the original idea was just to say, “Things have changed!”

 

            I have actually made plans to get in the Ford’s ole Chevy, and drive out to Clifton Texas. My plan is to get a sandwich and an order of tooth picks, along with a tea, at the Bunkhouse. The tooth picks are not sticks that you pick your teeth with, they are small pieces of peppers and onions that are deep fried and you eat them with some good ole ranch dressing. I will either stop at a park or eat on the way home. I do like their food, but the real reason for going is to get out of the Homestead for an hour or so. Heck, I might even take a different route home just to have different scenery. 

            My spouse of 5 decades had suggested that we might want to go to our son David’s house to see the work Claire has done. Wow, a possible visitation of the Fords from the Fords!

            Well I guess that is it for now, hope you have a good day!

 

May staying home not seem like confinement!

 

Senior planner of Saturday events, and eater of food, Don the Ford

No comments: